DEMO??

Are you gonna realease a beta demo?

Please, Please, Please

Oh yeah, One more thing!

I have a PowerMac 6500/250 Mhz w/96 Megs o' Ram and a 12 Meg Voodoo 2 card. Will CM be playable?

It scared me a little when I heard the system reqs. were low. I thought it was gonna be some crapy game. Then I saw the screen shots. I was wrong. Gotta love that JT!!

------------------

"The object of war is not

to die for your country,

but to make the other

bastard die for his"

George Pat

I think your sytstem is more than adequate for this game. smile.gif I think that the reasons that BTS isn't making a game with higher system requirements are twofold. One, the lower the requirements the more potential customers and ,two, many wargamers don't have bleeding edge systems like FPS and RTS fans have.

As to the beta demo. The beta for the testers was released today, Monday. And it should be a couple of weeks after that for the demo to be released to the general public. I guess the timing depends on how many problems the testers find. And BTS will have to come up with some good scenarios that show off all the cool things and can tide us over til the real thing is released.

I think Steve mentioned that he was shooting for an end of September beta demo release and that, at worst, they would miss it by only a week or so.

Jason

Guest Big Time Software

Jason is correct. Colin, your system is perfectly fine. I play CM on a PowerComputing 210 604e (my main computer). Slower than I would like (i.e. nose bleed fast smile.gif), but it is completely playable and FUN. As Jason says, you don't need 30fps for Combat Mission. Even as low as 5fps is perfectly playable.

Steve