Anyone interested in testing a huge Op (or two)?

On the night of August 6th, 1944, British infantry of the 59th (Staffordshire) division, with support from the 107th R.A.C., crossed the Orne river near the towns of Grimbosq and Le Brieux. Opposing them were units of the German 271st infantry. Throughout the next day the battle raged as the British gradually expanded their brigdehead, while the Germans launched repeated counterattacks in an effort to contain them.

I have created two huge Ops, both utilizing the same 3840m x 2960m map, that depict the battles around Grimbosq, Le Brieux and the surrounding countryside.

The first Op, "Grimbosq - the crossing", pits elements of the British 176th infantry brigade and 107th R.A.C. against the German 978th Grenadier regiment and attached units. This is an allied advance Op, 7000+ allied / 5000+ axis. 6 battles / 25 turns each. First turn is a night battle.

The second Op, "Grimbosq - the counterattack", has the roles reversed, with units of Kampfgruppe Wunsche counterattacking the now established British bridgehead. 10000+ allied / 8000+ axis, same parameters as the first Op.

Special thanks to Makjager, JonS, Andreas, Rune, tar and ScottB for their help with research. Sorry if I missed anyone, this has been a long time in the making.

Anyway, if you are interested please e-mail me. I can send you the first right away, but am still working on the briefings for the second. Address is in my profile.

• 3 months later...