Why not make Real-Time?

Real Time may be fine for games that are smaller in scope and 10 times less historically accurate.

If you use processing power for real time, you have to sacrifice a bunch of other stuff. CM already has "full view of all units," very easy controls, and plenty of action.

By the way, you can use the search function to find lots of posts on this debate, both the pros and cons.

citizen

Aye,

It also was found that to make CM real-time would mean either a huge reduction in the graphics or a massive increase in the minimum requirements (simply put the CPU doesn't have the power to render all these graphics in real-time comfortably).

Also, the AI would be much, much poorer. I personally feel that the AI plays like an average (if slightly inexperienced) human player EXCEPT for its command of tanks. I feel its command of tanks is at least as good as a good to very good human player.

The means of control would be very difficult.

You'll note that CC limits you to 15 units on-screen at any one time. Well, in CE there are at least 40 German units and 30 or so US units.

They would be very difficult to control in real-time thus resulting in MUCH smaller battles.

The maps in CM are much larger than CC maps and if it went real-time the maps would have to become claustrophobic to allow the player to have good control. Smaller maps mean poorer modeling of tank combat.

All the complicated firing and penetration equations weould probably have to be dumbed down if they were to run in real time.

All in all real-time is possible but it would probably result in a reduced-scale game with less accuracy and less realism.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

If you want a real-time game you'll have to choose either CC or Sudden Strike.

Sudden strike is less realistic than CC but it has much more units and has better pathfinding etc.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Yep, Black_night38 you hit the bullseye.

I have been looking for this kind of realtime

game for years, but I haven't found it yet.

I was remembering that in 1992 Amiga had realtime strategy game called Campaign by Empire Software but in I havent seen it in PC yet.

If anyone can tell me where to find realtime

game which has one part of Rainbow Six and

and one part of Spec Ops and one Part of M1A2 Abrams one part of M1 Tank Platoon and one part of GunShip and there it would be tactical combat game of the future. Yeah.

And of course it have to have multiplayer

option so you participate as squad leader

or tank commander or as gunship pilot.

If anyone knows is there this kind of game

available or who is allready developing this kind of game please email me at once.