CMBO Scenario packs and the "CM Big Oracle" here

Hi y'all

After a very long period out of the CM action, I have added some CM goodies to my page:

3 CMBO scenario packs, including the best CMBO scenarios (based on player ratings at The Scenario Depot), separated as:

CMBO TCP pack: 118 scenarios, small to tiny in size and suitable for fast, single session TCP/IP play

CMBO PBEM pack (new): 137 scens and 13 ops from medium size up, suitable for head-2-head PBEM playing

CMBO Historical Package: 165 scenarios and 9 operations based upon actual battles (as estated by the author)

Furthermore, the best scenarios (again based on consistent very positive comments from players at The Scenario Depot) are marked with an "$" symbol for easy selection

And the so-called "Combat Mission Big Oracle": a collection of the best message threads compiled by the great markshot and formatted by russellmz in this Anthology thread, but formated and edited by Reverendo for ease of reading, and best of all, available for download in a single (but big) HTML file

Hope you enjoy it all!

PS: Almost forgot! all of this at chema-cagi.com (in english and spanish)

[ January 04, 2003, 07:35 PM: Message edited by: El Cid_Cagi ]

Correction.

Actually, if you check, you will see that I had compiled that anthology and Russellmz had done the formatting of the links. I tried quite a few times with an editor and HTML, but was unable to get the links to work. Russellmz got the formatting done correctly. After that, I decided to clean up the first message so that it didn't distract people looking for the links.

It was a compilation which I had done for my own education, since there was no strategy guide and I really needed help. I decided that I would share it with the rest of the community from which all the knowledge had sprung.

So, if you are going to acknowledge the source of the compilation, than please correct that. Thank you. smile.gif

By the way, very nice job on the formatting. Recently, I've printed out quite a few of those links for reading material while killing time. There must be about 1,000 pages of stuff there.

It's amazing the amount of valuable material that appeared on that forum and others. If someone wanted to right a strategy guide for CMBO, they would simply have to dredge through the forum looking for the sharpest and most prolific posters like Jasonc.

I just downloaded your zip. It's great. I am going overseas with a computer, but not Internet access for an extended period of time. So, I am going to burn this on a CD to take with me. Of course, I will have CMBO with me too. smile.gif

Thanks for the correction, I gave mistakenly the merit to the formatter, sorry. You have made a great work with that anthology of messages

In fact, Reverendo (a former Underdogs moderator) compiled the messages for his own enjoyment while playing with the Dreamweaver html editor, he's not even a regular player of CM!

Once I announced the CMBO and CMBB scenario packs at a spanish gaming forum, he offered to me his work, and I though I should make it available for the entire CM community

(the "CM Big Oracle" title was a little joke playing with the acronyms)

Thanks for the point and keep the great work!

I have tried to include the screenshots making them open as a popup window (just as I made the answers open in this Unofficial Europa Universalis 2 FAQ)...but I'm a total ignorant at html things and I was unable to do so tongue.gif

I will pass your suggestion to Reverendo, which at least knows that HTML is not an association of some kind, as I normally thought in the past smile.gif

BTW, I will be delighted and honored if you keep suggesting how to improve the document

[ January 04, 2003, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: El Cid_Cagi ]

Okay, I know this sounds very basic, but there are some who are not very computer literate.

You might want to explain in your download instructions that a /page directory will be created when unzipped and the user should create a shortcut to index.html which is the root of the guide. It also might be a little more self evident if you rename index.html to Strategy Guide.html.

Nothing sounds very basic to me when talking about web editing smile.gif . I have some hard times trying to figure even the simplest things

Following your suggestions, I have added a second "CMBO Strategy Guide.html" file identical to the original "index" (I'm still keeping the original "index.html" so the link you gave will not break), included it in the zip file and added a short readme with your suggested instructions.

The new zip file has been uploaded already

Thanks again

Jose,

I originally thought when I flipped through this stuff yesterday that it seemed somewhat shorter than the original, but I wasn't sure.

Now, I am sure. Many of the links I collected are links to multi-page postings; you know part 1, 2, 3, 4, ... It seems that Reverendo has only capture the first part. For example, look at item #19 "Best Tank", and you will see what I mean.

I will put a small note about this in my lead in until you get this corrected.

Thanks!