Hot Keys

Arrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh........

Went and edited the message (see below) to have you delete one of these and it changed both of them. Oh well.

Original message

BTS,

You mentioned in the recent post on scaling that there will be hot keys. Great! I'm not sure if this has been asked / discussed before, so here goes nothing. Will you please make it possible so that players can reprogram / re-map the hot-keys??? Hopefully you are already doing this and/or it isn't too much trouble to code. I assume there are going to be a fair number of them and I just can't stand games that don't allow the player to re-map them to a location on the keyboard that is more convenient and / or easier to reach. Thanks.

Regards,

Mike D

aka Mikester

end of orig. message.

Steve,

I'm not sure why this double posted. I know I only hit the submit key once, and then whammo, all of a sudden I'm taken back to the main screen and there are two new posts there with the same topic. Please nuke one of them. Thanks.

Mike D

[This message has been edited by Mike D (edited 06-01-99).]

[This message has been edited by Mike D (edited 06-01-99).]

Guest Big Time Software

Mike, was it you that made this happen the last time? If so there must be something odd about the way you are posting as this has only happened 2 in 5 months.

Something is certainly wrong, but I can't tell you what. The problem is BOTH links go to the same threads HTML page. If I nuke one Topic (no matter which one) it will likely nuke the whole thing. The really screwed up thing is that I *NEVER* fixed the last one screwup. In 2 days it just fixed itself. Makes me scared wink.gif

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

No, we aren't allowing custom mapping. It is quite a bit of coding work to do it frown.gif But, remember this is not a keyboard layout for some 1stPerShooter or sim game, so the placement of the keys is not nearly as critical. We use logical key assignments when possible too. Beta testing will also help us tweak key assignments as well.

Steve

Ok, ok, I'll live without the custom mapping feature I guess.

As far as the double post goes, no, it wasn't me last time. Not sure what would have caused it either. Pretty much did the same things on my end that I normally do when I post. Certainly didn't do anything that I havn't done at some point in the past. Didn't notice anything else out of the ordinary until it happened. As you say, strange stuff.

Mike D

aka Mikester

Steve,

When I submitted the post above something else came to mind. I think last night when I submitted the original post of this thread I hit the submit button as usual. But then, while the server was thinking / crunching to take me to the display screen to see the new post I may (can't remember for sure, but I think I did this) have hit the stop button on my browser and then hit the chat button over on the left, because I didn't really need/want to read the post. Maybe my "changing horses in mid stream" while the server was still processing the orginal submit is what caused the double post????? I'm not sure why that would happen, but then I've seen plenty of strange things happen w/ computers.

Mike

Nope. I was the most recent "double-poster." I had accidentally clicked the "clear fields" button on the reply screen, then quickly clicked the "submit" button.

I've found that, in many cases, non-fatal computer errors will correct themselves after a few days. I once had a phantom folder on my desktop for a while--no title, no contents, I was unable to erase it, rename it, or whatever. Eventually it just went away. harumph.

DjB

Guest Big Time Software

OK, so it looks like there are multiple ways to trip up this software, but for whatever reason it is self correcting. Strange smile.gif

Steve