Mouse problems

I have a problem with my mouse.

When I try to move a unit I right click on it and select move then start to draw the path, I am having a lot of trouble selecting the exact spot with the end of the line.

It keeps jumping to far or too close to the unit.

The only way I have been able to get an exact spot is move the screen over the location and left of right click then.

This doesn’t happen with the line of sight or targeting line only movement one.

Is this a bug or a problem with my machine.

P2 400

128mb Ram

G400 32mb Video card

Mouse is one of those new MS mice with out the ball

SB Live (value) Sound card

Win 98 SE

PCI NIC

Apart from this problem (which is more annoying than a major problem) it is running fine.

Regards

Roger

PS I did a search for this but didn’t find anything. Sorry if I missed it.

Same Here. Micron P133 running Win98. Monster3d video card with latest drivers

DirectX 6

One thing that helps is to use Tab to select the unit you are trying to move, then move the mouse cursor to where you want to move it, and then finally hit the shortcut key for what you are trying to do. Even this doesn't work reliably, but it is defintely better then selecting the move order and then trying to get the line to where you want it to go.

Also, for me the problem comes and goes. Sometimes it works like you would expect.

Finally, the problem only occurs in views below 5. Anything where you are looking straight down at the field is fine.

I think it shows the strength of the game that I've kept playing. Normally something like this would make me ditch a demo.

BTW, Steve and Charles, it really is a great game!

Nick