Help understanding LOS

My understanding is that with the 3D model the units in the game see what i see. I have been trying to use "tab" and then "1" so i can get on their shoulder so to speak and see what they see. I also use the Line of Sight order to check this.

I had a bazooka hidden behind the stone wall and didn't need to to worry about him firing to soon as he couldn't see down the road much more that 100m because of a slight rise in front. Finally, an HT comes down the road and the bazooka doesn't fire. During the orders phase i go to issue the target order and get the responce that target is "out of sight". I use the LOS order and get the same thing. When I use "tab" "1" and get down on that bazooka's level i can clearly see the HT. It's not perfect but but I can see at least 75% of it. I'm probably not doing this correctly. Please respond.

Also, could some one please advise me as to if there is some way to have our units hold fire until a high percentage shot is available other than using "hide" and thaen later "stop hidding" and then "target". This early firing just may be the fog of war model where the soldier says "I'm scared, the enemy is everywher i look, I'm nervous and I'm not waiting anymore...I'm sooting now!".....if so... cool.

Greg,

1. Use ambush and set it VERY close to the unit.. Be sure to have an officer there to steady them though s otherwise they'll fire early simply to keep the enemy far away.

2. Send me a screenshot of the LOS incident will you. Preferably one shot from view 1 and 1 from view 3 with the los tool showing LOS between the zook team and the HT ok?

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Are you scaling up the units to improve visibility? Those bigger images are there to help you, but don't rely on them for LOS indications. LOS still runs off true sizes. Otherwise, I have been driving around a REALLY MASSIVE Tiger in the past few turns, something on the order of 60-80 feet long.(rueful grin) Learned that one the hard way myself...

Here you go,

Well, at the moment here's the sequence:

1. Hit PrintScreen.

2. This saves the screencapture in RAM..

3. Hit esc to minimise the game.

4. Open your graphics program.,

5. Open a NEW picture.

6. Hit Paste (usually go to EDIT and then PASTE_

7 The screenshot will then appear in the picture window. Crop and save as

necessary.

(For IBMs only 1 image is saved in memory at a time :-( so you need to hit

esc after every picture... this doesn't interfere with the game at all so

it's ok to do.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,