*MOD* - Flags for CMBO

Evening chaps

I've just uploaded a flag mod for CMBO at the database. The flags in this set are based on those in Juju and Shep's excellent CMBB definitive flag pack and I'd like to acknowledge the use of two of the maps from this pack as well as the general use of the GenericFlag.bmp provided with that pack. I'd also like to thank Juju for approving their use.

This pack is designed for use with CMBO only and comprise three sets of flags:

1) CMBO_big = Large (i.e. standard) flags.

2) CMBO_small = Smaller flags. I like these as they allow you to have flags on but they don't obscure the action.

3) CMBO_worn = Large flags with holes, rips, tears and burns. Flags that have seen action!

All of the flags have also been given a 'blowing in the wind' look which I'm quite pleased with smile.gif

There is also a non-swastika alternative for each of these should you not wish to sully your monitor with abused oriental symbols.

Here are some pictures (they should look a little better than this in general as my Mac is downsampling textures a fair bit):

PREVIEW.JPG

Enjoy

Strontium Dog

Hi Strontium Dog,

They look great!!

One problem: I have downloaded the mod but the bmp's does not show up when I preview them on my pc. We had kind of the same problem with some of Panzer Ace's mods a few weeks ago. Could it be that you need to convert them somehow differently for them to work on pc's?

Best regards

Mr. Die Easy

Hi, I tried your flag pack as well...but unfortunately on PC they do not appear in the game. If I view them in a thumb viewer program they show up with a yellow background.

I think something is wrong with the .bmp files because WinXP will not display them on it's own.

I hope this is easy to fix because I'd really like to use the flags.

A small size with the battle worn effect combo would be great!

Thanks for all the hard work

Jordan

Hi AstroCat

Thanks for looking. I'm not sure what's going on but I've rezipped the files using different preferences and uploaded them to my server here:

File removed

Could you or someone else try these and see if they work.

Cheers

SDog

P.S. I knew someone would ask for small battle-worn flags smile.gif If I can sort out this problem then we'll see what can be done.

[ January 05, 2003, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Strontium Dog ]

Hi Astrocat

Glad you got things working. Does that only work with the new file I uploaded?

Its weird that that imagewidth works on my computer but not on a PC? I had meant to have them at 256 but I obviously scaled things at some stage and forgot about it. I'll upload a new version at the database as soon as I get a chance.

Cheers

SDog

P.S. I assume you know how to scale mods with pink bits in?

Just in case:

Select by colour with 0 tolerence on the pink stuff. Delete. Scale remaining image. add new layer and fill with pink. copy and paste scaled layer over pink layer. Flatten.

Well, here's what worked for me...

The bitmap image size for all of these flags is 231 x 126.

The original CMBO flag bitmaps are 127 x 63.

So I shrunk your bitmaps down to 127 x 63 and they showed up fine in the game.

Strange, because I thought you could increase the size of CMBO bitmaps to get better resolution.

I'm definitely no modder but could it be because these new flag bitmap sizes are not increased at a constant ratio? A 50% increase in size would be 254 x 126, not 231 x 126. :confused:

Originally posted by Toad:

The fixed graphics uploaded to www.cmmods.com only include the "worn" flag styles.

Hi Toad

My apologies for not making things clear. I've edited the post above and removed the link to the bad files on my server. I actually replaced the original file at www.cmmods.com with the fixed bmps for the first three sets of flags and then added the second set of worn flags as a second upload to the database. In other words everything you need is over at www.cmmods.com

SDog