Mein Kampf

I think that keeping your head firmly attached to your shoulders takes precedence though. Bullets buzzing about you even if sporadic would be enough incentive to keep your head buried in the mud. If you want to retrieve equipment from fallen comrades you will need to suppress enemy fire first, unless of course you have over extended yourself, then you will need to fall back to where your fire base can support you.

Well at least that's the game I'm playing :)

I don't know about that. I get the feeling that a real wounded MG guy would have been immediately dragged to a safe spot, the MG retrieved and then immediately put back into action. Squads in this game are usually based around the MG and it's the most important weapon in the squad.

Putting that MG back into action ASAP would help to save more lives than if everyone just stayed down, refusing to pick up the MG and letting the guy bleed to death. It seems more unrealistic to me for my guys to lay there with a wounded comrade and the squad's primary weapon right at their feet doing nothing because a burst of MG fire hit 50 meters down the line.

Actually, maybe that's not that unrealistic now that I think about it. They were probably pissing themselves not knowing what to do because I had mostly green or regular troops in that one particular company. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...