More MG Bridge Issues

I noticed a problem with bridges when I loaded my 4x4 km map in the editor. I wanted to change out a RR bridge for one of the new, longer bridges (impossible, of course, they are way, way too long and massive). To put it bluntly, all of the junctures between the RR/road and the bridge are screwed up; they no longer meet smoothly. See below:

LandBridge2Before.png, CMNormandy2013-10-1320-05-39-38.png, RRBridge1Before.png, CMNormandy2013-10-1320-02-10-90.png, CMNormandy2013-10-1320-02-34-56.png.

I have a bunch more pictures but I am only allowed to post five.

In the editor I can see that the elevations where the bridge and the land meet have not changed but the road/RR just sinks down. The adjacent land elevations remain as they should be. This is true in all my maps in the editor, including my 4x4 river map which has over 40 land/water bridges. I thought it might only affect old maps made prior to MG but the same problem occurred when I built a small new map with several bridges. Then I wondered if an outdated video driver might be the culprit but, again, updating to the latest driver had no affect (nVidia 680 GTX). It does not affect a game in progress because my friend sent a turn in a game using the same map that has been ongoing for months. The turn loaded fine and the bridges are OK.

Out of curiosity I then created a small scenario with a platoon of German tanks to see if they could negotiate the bridges. Without exception, on the six bridges I used, the tanks could drive on the bridges. They would nose down and then pop up on the bridge and drive across. However, when they reached the end they would start to nose down and then teleport (literally) back a couple of meters and drive forward again. They would repeat this until the turn ended without getting off the bridge.

After working on the RR bridge in the editor for quite a while I discovered that if you extend the land out so that half of the first arch/section of the bridge is on land the junction looks normal. The downward curve is hidden by the bridge. But that is not a good solution. In some cases with short land bridges it would restrict movement under the bridge. And trying to correct my river map with over 40 bridges would be a nightmare. BFC, please fix this!!

And BFC, when you make a "Pack" for CMBN do not just restrict yourselves to units, please, please include some intermediate size bridges: 125 - 150 and 250 - 300 meters would be hugely appreciated and very useful for normal scenarios. Even better would be if the bridges could be linked end to end to whatever length the map maker desired without the necessity of an island. The MG bridges are great for simulating that historical situation but are too large, IMHO, for much use on even a 4x4 km map.

Kensal, thanks for your reply. I do not believe the "anchoring" can be the problem as these are the small bridges not the monster ones added in MG. But to be sure I made sure there was equal elevation all around each end of my RR bridge and it made no difference. A 2x2 base as mentioned in the manual really doesn't work for the small bridges because the base fits on one AS.