Another PBEM Missing Orders Phase Report

I've seen several posts about this which appear to have been received somewhat doubtfully.

I can state, however, that the problem does exist because it just happened to me.

I'm playing the Americans in a PBEM game of CE. I received the Turn 5 replay from my opponent and watched it. I was told to send him back the file. I am absolutely positive I did not accidentally skip over the orders phase at this point.

The next file I got from my opponent I quite naturally expected to be my orders phase for Turn 6. However, I was taken straight to the Turn 6 replay without any chance to issue commands.

I've kept copies of both files if anyone's interested.

Respectfully,

Andy Brown

uhmmmm..me too having problems with pbem

But i simulated a pbem game between different directories of my comp...and it works well

Maybe it is better to use the save attached file option of Outlook than to use the drag and paste option....i have a feeling about that.

Guest Robert Hall

Is your opponent by any chance saving his turn part way through with an Alt+S and then reloading that saved file at a later time to continue his Orders phase? I did that once and it caused my opponent to lose his complete Orders phase. See the thread http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/001717.html "Quick PBEM Query" for full details.

Solution to problem - do not Save and Reload .cmb files while playing pbem.

BTS can you confirm or deny this pbem problem please and is this fixed in the full release?

Regards,

Robert

I'm Andy's opponent - and yes I did save the file . IIRC I wanted to watch the replay again for some reason. I guess I could have openend another copy of CM instead of saving, but that's for next time!

Thanks for the info Rob - if he beats me now I'll never hear the end of it - how he thrashed Campbell despite not getting all his moves!! :)

Mike