Special offer for Canadians

Just curious about how the special offer for Canadians will work. A price of $55 Cdn with no poster was quoted as a pre order price for CM. For our weasel customs officers, will that be a price of $55, or some value less shipping. Just curious, and it's of no big importance since I figure if your game is worth buying, it's worth paying full price for.

Thanks

Tom

Guest Big Time Software

Thomas, you will be happy to know that $55 is no longer the price for Canadian customers. It has been bumped down to $47 to reflect our lower shipping rates to Canada. For customs purposes the price will be $37 + $10 S&H. This offer is back dated to all previous orders. Other international orders were also reduced by $8 to reflect the lower S&H charges.

Battlefront.com's policy is to always pass on the savings to the customer. What we lose from not being greedy we expect will be made up for in customer loyalty and long term sales. Some would call this a stupid strategy, BTW smile.gif

Steve

• 5 months later...

BTS,

What is shipping to Costa Rica?

I recently listed my house (Sunday), sold it Tuesday, am retiring for a while (age 34), moving in 14 days into storage, spending December with Family, January / February and March in Costa Rica, April & May house sitting a beautiful lake home on the largest Pike producing lake in SE Wisconsin.

Richard Kalajian

"Soon to be unemployed for 1/2 year"

Some more beautiful things: The Costa Rican Resort is owned by a friend from Kindergarten and I stay for $15/nite. Actually owned by his Uncle. He also is starting a charter fishing company and wants me to fish with him. The girls in Costa Rica are world class and very kind. Beer is $1 in the bars. Food is good and cheap. It is said that a person can have a home, chef, maid and food for under $10,00 per year.

Things ultra-wild: Saturday, I had no intention of moving, quitting or selling my house. Five days later my house is sold, and I'm headed on a 6 month wirlwind ultra-low-cost getaway.

Also: No debt. No bills.

What about my stuff? Public storage is dropping off containers in my driveway on December 3, I fill em and they store em. Total cost for all this for 6 months is $540.

What about work? I have 437 hours of vacation, money outstanding from past sales and several recent sales to a couple of physician billing services in Iowa and Illinois.

I expect to receive around $4,500 from tax return.

So the answer to your question Fionn is no i didn't win the lottery. Not even close. But I figure at age 34, doing something like this and seeing a punk rawk show will be therapeutic.

Sincerely,

Richard Kalajian

You're blessed, Richard,

I retired the first of this year at 62 (yep, 62..wouldn't know it to look at me, would you -G)?

Enjoy it. Enjoy it to the max. I lived in Costa Rica for nearly two years during my nine year stint in Central America.

Perfect climate (except for the rainy season) beautiful women, cheap everything, it's a great spot for a vacation. Be sure and visit the beaches on both coasts. The Pacific is the best.

Sorry guys, this post got me in a nostalgic mood....WB

Wow,

Better luck to you Richard. Have fun and enjoy yourself. There's enough work in the world without grinding yourself down when you have an option to go to Costa Rica. hell, I think everyone here wishes they were you wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Big Time Software

Don't get any sand in your laptop KT smile.gif

Cost to any nation other than US/Cnd/Mex is $18. We are trying to reduce that at the moment, so I doubt it will be that by the time CM ships. Everybody gets the best rate at the time we ship BTW wink.gif

Steve