Using More than 1 Video Card?

I tried searching,but the sheer number of posts dogged it out on my slow dial up so forgive me for asking a Stupid Question smile.gif

I have a ATI Rage128 and a Single Voodoo 2 in my system and I'd like to use the Rage. CM Defaults to the V2 and I don't see an ini file or option to select cards. Can anyone help me out here,Short of removing the Voodoo Card smile.gif

Thanks in Advance!

-Rookie

Guest Madmatt

Ok, you are going to hate me because I can't remember all the details, but quite some time ago there was a utility (you could probably find it on any decent Voodoo or 3d specific game site, try www.voodooextreme.com ) made by ATI I think, although it will work with any Voodoo chipset, that lets you PICK which video card to utilize for Direct3d games. Either Primary or Secondary, it ran in the system tray and you could just 'turn off' the whatever Video card you didnt want before you launched into a Direct3D game.

Back when I used to have a TNT and Voodoo II combo I used it alot but for the life of me I can't find it on my system anymore. It was called something like 'CC', but dont hold me too it.

There may be another way with the Direct X control Panel (DxDiag), but I will have to check into that a little deeper. Basically you would want to go into the Display Tab (in DxDiag) and look to see if there is a way to select the Primary or Secondary Video card for DirectX programs. Turn off the one you dont want and enable the one you want. Good Luck!

Oh, the program Powerstrip also lets you choose a default Direct3d card i believe and that can be found at the above URL.

Madmatt out...

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 11-30-99).]