Barkmanns corner scenario

Hi, have a few questions regarding above scenario, any help most appreciated:

1) Has anyone had issues with the main road being a grey colour but when you move the mouse pointer forward it turns into a proper looking road! Have had issues with shaders for my graphics card, thinking is it related. I am using the MAC version. I am on version 2.01.

2)I was able to push my M4 sherman75s thru the hedges but not the Sherman76, the game made them find an opening. Any idea why they could not go thru as well ?

3)Last question relates to the AI. I appreciate the AI coding is difficult to say the least. But was surprise the AI as Germans kept Barmanns Panther hidden away in the corner of the map, bascially not using it until it was to late(about 4 minutes to go), Maybe it was because I had the setting at not a difficult enough setting(it was Veteran).

Many thanks.

3)Last question relates to the AI. I appreciate the AI coding is difficult to say the least. But was surprise the AI as Germans kept Barmanns Panther hidden away in the corner of the map, bascially not using it until it was to late(about 4 minutes to go), Maybe it was because I had the setting at not a difficult enough setting(it was Veteran).

To set your mind at rest: the "Difficulty" setting has nothing whatsoever to do with how hard the AI fights you. The manual clearly and accurately explains what it affects, and these alterations affect both sides (though the AI can't take advantage of some of them). In some ways, the faster artillery call times at "lower difficulties" make it harder against the AI because you have less time between bounds before the AI will smack you with its artillery. Aside from the artillery times, and prior to the changes in Gustav Line, most of the effect of the difficulty levels was to change how hard it is to actually use the game, particularly in WeGo mode.

The actions of the AI, above the immediate tactical needs of the unit are controlled by "AI Plans". These are created by the designer of the scenario or QB map, and are basically a sequence of timed moves. Any given map/scenario can have more than one AI plan, and which of the selection gets used is decided at the beginning of the game.

Thanks for all the quick replies.

1) Graphics bug is not a game stopper just looks a bit odd. So probably won't change driver unless it gets very bad.

2)The Rhino Sherman would explain the hedge question.

3)Prefer to play computer than go on-line. Don't expect the AI to be as good as a human, but in the scenario its poor as the Germans. Especially as the scenario is about Barkmanns Panther, yet it does not use it!

3)Prefer to play computer than go on-line. Don't expect the AI to be as good as a human, but in the scenario its poor as the Germans. Especially as the scenario is about Barkmanns Panther, yet it does not use it!

I have a feeling that the scenario isn't designed to be played as the Allies. As I understand it, the story of Barkmann is the story of turkey shooting Allied tanks as they continued to press down a road due to whatever command factor. IIRC the scenario gives the Allies "maybe enough" tanks to succeed at that approach, which is total overkill given the approaches made possible by a player's perfect Command and Control.