Mac version

Colin

Will the Mac version be crippled in anyway? Mac users only have one good war game (as far as I'm concerned) and that's CC2. Even it isn't up to par with CC2 for Windoze. The information available in the help menu is half the size of the PeeCee version. Too bad really, they had a good thing going.

Also will CM have a help menu like CC2 did? With info about all the weapons (pistols all the way up to arty) and vehicles (the Kübelwagen to the Jagdtiger). Will that be in the manual(Please)?

------------------

"The object of war is not

to die for your country,

but to make the other

bastard die for his"

George Pat

Guest PatB_TGN

Actually Colin, the game is being developed on a Mac. So the answer to your question is, no. You'll be playing the entire version of the game. There're no cutting of corners for the Mac Wargamers.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Also will CM have a help menu like CC2 did?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm uncertain of this. Steve or Charles would have to answer. There currently isn't a help menu.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>With info about all the weapons (pistols all the way up to arty) and vehicles (the Kübelwagen to the Jagdtiger). Will that be in the manual(Please)?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think the manual is close to being complete. Generally, manuals aren't finished until the completion of Beta Testing. Since many things can change during Beta Testing, the creation of the Manual prior isn't very effective. But from what I have read on this board, I feel that Combat Mission will ship with a thorough manual.

However, Fionn is currently working on a list of unit statistics for the game. These statistics will be posted at TGN. I'll see about ensuring the format is capable of being easily printed out.

-Patrick

Guest Big Time Software

Hi Colin,

Yup, Patrick is correct. Up until about June there wasn't even a Windows version in existance smile.gif OK, there was, but it was months out of date wink.gif

The manual will not contain detailed info on any units. There are just WAY too many. All details you need are contained in the game itself.

No Help menu or the like. All info you need is in the manual or in the game. Making online help is not a productive use of our very limited time.

Steve

• 1 month later...