The Nazfiger Collection

Hello,

Via the Battlefront site I discovered "The Nazfiger Collection." The suggested list of documents looks interesting.

Are any of these of use in their application to CM:BN?

Would be interested to hear of any other publications that players think maybe helpful.

thx

Nafziger is excellent. I purchased a bunch of his soft-cover volumes. Very much worthwhile.

Zetterlin springs to mind.

Ian Daglish's "Over the Battlefield" trilogy is a must-have if you have any interest in the Commonwealth tactical battle to break the Caen stalemate.

More, anon.

Ken

Ian Daglish's "Over the Battlefield" trilogy is a must-have if you have any interest in the Commonwealth tactical battle to break the Caen stalemate.

I would second that. Although a lot of the maps simply added to my confusion, I regard him as indispensable. Especially the one on Operation Bluecoat. It was the first I believe I had read on the operation, and that's odd as it was perhaps the most successful one that 12th. AG undertook.

Michael

Although a lot of the maps simply added to my confusion

Yeah, the books are great but the maps are oddly baffling. I like the way he used aerial photos, and overlaid them with unit designations and axes of movement, but almost invariably the maps are completely disconnected in time and space. I leaned heavily on his Bluecoat book for the scenario called Ubique, and oh my god did it take me a loooooong time to identify where exactly the map on p.216 actually is in France.