Super Tanks?

I have read many posts concerning the questionable capabilities of tanks but the only ones that I have read have been made by BF customers. Have there been any response by BF on the complaints? I use conscript crews but they still are , it seems to me, too fast on the trigger and too accurate. Some times their path finding does suck though.

I don't know about too accurate. I mostly find myself firing at less than half a km range, and most tank guns (especially the high velocity ones) may as well be lasers for all the parabola there is in their trajectory. I'd sortof expect a trained gunner (not tried conscript tanks) to be able to put first AP round on target at such close ranges, even in combat. From a static platform, of course.

Some of the spotting issues people find might stem from the LOS engine just assessing the view ports as "slices of the pie" without considering that there were often large blind spots close in, even in tanks with cupolas and generally good all-round visibility. Others, well, I don't think anyone's devised a test and published the results for us to kibitz about to determine whether they spot infantry and other targets too easily. I'm not even sure how we could define "too easily" since we don't really have any good numbers from real life to base it on. Anyone got a tank they fancy rolling around some countryside while some of our more youthful and/or athletic brethren try and sneak up on 'em? :)

Anyone got a tank they fancy rolling around some countryside while some of our more youthful and/or athletic brethren try and sneak up on 'em? :)

For this test to be really accurate, both sides should have and be using live munitions. It's reasonable to suppose that the awareness that one might be horribly maimed or killed at any second could effect one's spotting prowess.

Michael

For this test to be really accurate, both sides should have and be using live munitions. It's reasonable to suppose that the awareness that one might be horribly maimed or killed at any second could effect one's spotting prowess.

Michael

In the right setting, I think we could stand to assume that the relative spotting prowess (which is what matters when designing a game, I reckon) of the squishies and the crunchies would remain the same. It'd have to be close terrain, so the tankers IRL would have had the real sense of suspense and uncertainty that any infantry facing the clanking beasts would have. Staking some beer or something would help get the motivations going.

Or as a half way house we could see if the centre near us will lend an air-gun armed FV432... They fire ping pong balls full of paint, and I wouldn't want to get hit by one; it'd probably break a rib, or smash your face in.