Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Editor tool capability

Is it possible, using the editor supplied with the game, to modify the default orders of battle? For example to move a unit from square A to square B?

Additionally, with the supplied editor, is it possible to add units to a particular faction, either as a buildable unit or as a unit from the beginning of a scenario, or as a reinforcement?

If not possible with the supplied editor, can the the original files be modded with a text editor? If so what would you recommend?

Thanks,

J

Hi

The answer is yes to both questions.

All the campaigns that come with the game were designed in the very same editor, so Orders of Battle, unit dispositions, levels of research, diplomatic statuses and a lot more can all be amended.

Bill

Bill, I notice if I remove an elite unit (e.g. the German Guard Corps in the 1914 Call to Arms scenario) and place it in a different square, the unit value changes from an 11 to a 10. Is that right?

I also notice that it does not seem possible to allow a buildable unit (e.g. an infantry corps) with an initial value of other than 10. I don't suppose there is a way to change that is there?

Thanks for your help. The editor does seem pretty easy to navigate.

J

Yeah, this editor is super-easy, I really like it a lot.

Regarding buildable unit, if you go into Country Data and then open the Production Queue, you can set when units come off the line and give them Initial Strength based off that to start lower than 10. But you can't modify units that are built completely from scratch that way, I don't think.

Bill - quick question: I added Mulhausen as a NM Objective in the national_morale script for France, how do I get the NM Objective to display on the map? I tried tinkering with the Text Layer, but that seems to only allow modification to the city name. I also tried updating the script (thinking that maybe the label got added that way) but still no go.

Hi

You can amend the strength of units on the map by selecting the Unit tool in the top bar, and the Select Items tool rather than the drawing one.

Right click on the unit, select Properties, and the unit's starting strength, experience, and entrenchment level can be modified.

Right clicking and selecting Move should allow you to change the unit's location without amending its strength or experience. This will however change its entrenchment to zero, so that may (if applicable) require changing.

All units apart from HQs can only have a strength higher than their maximum of 10 (5 if it is a Garrison unit) if they have experience, being allowed to overstrength by 1 strength point per full point of experience, up to the maximum allowable in that campaign (that can also be edited, up to 5).

Bill - quick question: I added Mulhausen as a NM Objective in the national_morale script for France, how do I get the NM Objective to display on the map? I tried tinkering with the Text Layer, but that seems to only allow modification to the city name. I also tried updating the script (thinking that maybe the label got added that way) but still no go.

Hi Altaris

Is the Objective Text Position field completed?

It should be thus:

#OBJECTIVE_TEXT_POSITION= 232,60

If that is ok, then once you've updated and saved it should show in the editor.

Please let me know if that works?

Thanks

Bill