Maps Section

I have heard there is going to be some sort of scenario editor in the full version of the game. If it is so, I'm pretty sure I will spend more time editing things that actually playing smile.gif Now, my two big questions:

1) Will those scenarios be plugin-like standalone documents? What I mean is, just in case I changed some textures or performed some major change... would all those changes be comprehended inside the same file? This is extremely important, since it would be easier to publish scenarios on the net if they were a single file (like 'mycoolscenario.cmb')

And now, an idea I had:

Why don't we learn from other software companies (for example Bungie Software) and add a maps section to Fionn's CMHQ (for example Bungie's 'The Mill').

In this section people could upload and download scenarios. Fionn would sort them in sections wink.gif (P.E: historical/ficticious, street combat/snowy maps, company-sized/battalion-sized, etc.) and people would rate them (like a like it/don't poll). This way, we would have a huge map storage in which scenarios would be both sorted and rated. Therefore, users could say 'Hey, I want to download a five stars rated, battalion sized, snowy map in which the Germans fight the Americans for the control of a bridge' and just go download it.

Note for Big Time Software: the easier it is for users to contribute, the bigger the community is. And the bigger the community is, the more sales you have... wink.gif

Any ideas?

smile.gif

------------------

Regards

Reverendo

What a morning. Schrodi pops up again with more rants and most others seem to be gaga too...

Reverendo, (above not aimed at you BTW just a reflection of my morning).

1. BMPs and WAV files are completely independent of the scenario file ( a .cmb file).

2. Scenarios ARE just a single file ( look at the CE scenario you downloaded, single file see?)

3. I have talked AT LENGTH about a scenario section, a map section and a campaign section at CMHQ... They will all happen but I'm not going to add them now when no-one (except for testers) has the game. It'd be kinda stupid don't you agree?

4. I have it all organised in my head and will make the basic plan clear when i feel the time is right. Also I'll be doing a call for volunteers obviously.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Not making the section before anybody gets the game seems pretty obvious to me. We don't even have the editor, so what the hell. Right now, the sections could be 'Riesberg, Last Defense, Chance Encounter', so it's ok for me to wait. smile.gif

What I didn't knew is that you already had lots of big plans in your head about this. I kind of supposed YOU couldn't skip that, though (actually I haven't seen you skipping ANYTHING yet!) wink.gif

And about the call for volunteers, well, I don't ken what I'm volunteering for, but put me up on your list. Anything I can do in order to hel...

a) BTS, who makes us happy for a small price

B) You guys at CMHQ, who make us happy for no price at all

...I will do it. So, when the day comes, e-mail me.

aradigales@mad.servicom.es

(a month later: 'Reverend, Fionn here. You volunteered for shark wrestling a month ago in some thread. You pack up, I'll say goodbye to your wife and children') smile.gif

Guest Tom punkrawk

How much will that Shark wrestling thing pay,I mean,if i don't volunteer?

------------------

We ain't got no place to go,let's go to a punk rawk show