Started with SCWWI, what now?

I really love SCWW1 and now I'm looking to maybe buying some other titles of the series. But I am wondering what players that already own some or all of them would recomment to someone who already owns SCWW1. For example I would assume that Strategic Command European Theatre is more or less already included in SCWW1 which has the European WW2 scenario?

Depends what you want to play. The WW2 scenarios included in the other games are different to what you get in WW1.

The original SC2: European Theatre/Blitzkrieg game features some scenarios on a smaller scale and an older engine... it's still fun but mainly because of the WaW and PDE expansions which add many smaller scale campaigns (spanish civil war, etc) and hypothetical campaigns (cold war turns hot, successfull axis in europe, invasion of england etc).

The Pacific Theater game is pretty much what it sounds like. Including many smaller scale scenarios like Iwo Jima, etc. It's quite good.

My personal favourite would be the Global Conflict game (might be not a bad decision since the upcoming games AoC and AoD require it ;)) and it's expansion. With the gold expansion it features the same engine as WW1 and the global scale is still my favourite. Really depends on your taste... they are all good games.

I would go for SC Global Conflict Gold.

• lots of campaigns
  • state of the art game engine
  • and you would be ready for the nex two releases AoD / AoC

SC 2 Blitzkrieg could be interesting if you want to play the excellent Patton drives East expansion. This expansion (together with one or two campaigns from the World at War expansion) are good reason to buy SC 2 Blitzkrieg.

Pacific Theater is a great game as well. So good, that I hope that we will see one expansion for this game, or at least one more patch, before SC3 gets released.