New mini campaign: Sauvignon Sahara (WIP)

kohlenklau

Hi fellas,

One of my favorite old war movies is 1943's Humphrey Bogart film "Sahara".

I am transposing the storyline with some changes to the ETO with CMBN CW.

I've successfully compiled my first test campaign in this project after seeing that the script text file did not seem to like an apostrophe in a battle name, at least the error went away after I changed the battle name by deleting that apostrophe.

Current battles in progress:

Lulubelle to the rescue

The chapel at Ausson Baronet

Feldwebel Schneider Aufklarung

Main attack at Le Bier Hacrombe

A 100-to-1 odds

Waco goes for help

Whittled Away

My campaign core units for allies is a British Engineer Company

Heavily deleted down in numbers

Capt Halliday renamed for CO

I added single vehicle US Army Sherman M4A3 for MSGT Joe Gunn

A Polish breach team stand in for Corporal Frenchie Leroux

I think a Canadian stand-in for South African Stegman

British units for Williams, Bates and Clarkson,

A British small unit for Sudanese SGT Tambul

Anyways, I am playing with this and having fun.

It will probably be short style battles against a single German battalion under Major Hans Ritter Von Falken. So, as you are able to whittle them down, less come at you in the follow on battles, at least that is the plan.

I finished the first 2 maps and battles in the campaign.

so far so good.

1 more map to do for "Waco goes for help".

I will be rolling the dice to see if having sequential campaign battles on the same map goes badly in this case. The defense of the Chateau Le Bier Hacrombe all takes place over several attacks.

My thought now is that I will make a slightly damaged version of the same map for the follow on battles, mortar craters, wall damage, Not perfect but damage does not carryover like back in CM1.

I placed the fictitious campaign time frame at the end of the Falaise pocket August 20-21 1944.

Campaign location is of course fictitious but in the vicinity of the Falaise pocket.

The CW uniforms all look the same to me. I guess you have to super zoom in on their shoulder patch to see if it says Canada. I might flex the storyline and add a US Army soldier to Halliday's patrol.

Oh yeah, this campaign idea would probably go really well if I had the CW module for CMFI or MG module for CMBN. But I was impatient to make something.