CM: Added Goodies

I've been wondering for a while what extra goodies will be included with CM. What I mean by extra goodies is anything that isn't necessary for play.

The only things I can think of off the type of my head are the free pre-order poster and the armor penetration diagrams.

Things that I know that won't be included are unit databases, but apparently Fionn is working on that.

I was thinking that a good section would be Designer's Notes. I think Steve could just use this forum and get a good chunk right here. smile.gif

Although I doubt the game will have some kind of fancy intro, I think that showing an Action phase would be cool. Show a piece of action from some exciting turn and have it narrated from the Allied and German perspective. Or maybe have it sound like some kind of movie preview.

I also think it would be useful if on the CD there was some kind of brief description of the vehicles, units, and weapons. Especially some of the more obscure types. Maybe with a picture and sound effect. This would be particularly useful in conjunction with a scenario design primer.

Oh, I just thought of something else that will be an added extra. A bibliography. I was hoping that the bibliography could be divided up somehow by what kind of information is in the book. That would be really helpful for those of us that might be looking for a book on a specific subject.

Jason

Guest Big Time Software

The main things I would list as "extra" are:

Penetration Diagrams

Historical information relating to the game itself

Tactical Demonstration Scenarios

This last one is a bunch of scenarios that show various aspects of combat from a more or less textbook standpoint. Example: River Assault. Outside variables will be kept to a minimum so that you can see what it is like to simply do the task at hand.

Steve