after action reports (sorta long)?

Forgive if this was asked before...

wondering what would be in the after action reports, following either an individual (non-campaign) battle, or a campaign battle. Looked in the archives but didnt find much (it may be there, I may not have searched properly)

A few thoughts:

I think it would be interesting to reflect the fog of war in the reporting following a battle - reflect the tendency to report higher than actual numbers for KIA, etc. In a campaign this could have an interesting affect on planning and expectations (ie, if your troops report a rout, but in actuality the opfor just pulled back....)

Is this possible? Would it really add anything?

2. I'd like it if the after action report didnt show *all* the units involved, unless I knew about them during the course of the battle. Didnt CC show the whole force makeup? I didnt really care for that (of course, the opfor was randomly generated and changed each battle - will CM do that as well, or is there an option to fight the same opfor over and over (if needed)?

3. maybe an option for a total, complete confidence report would be nice, just to see what you were really up against. For 2 player both would have to agree for it to work, of course

dave

Personnally, I'd just like to see lotsa detailed after action stats. One of the nice things about wargames on computer is that its easy for it to keep track of this stuff. So tell the casualties in number and %. I'd even like to see it broken down into kia, wia, pow, and mia, though i imagine some of those statistics would have to be sort of invented. But hey, I won't know the differance. What about main gun and artillery rounds expended. How about organizing the casualties to the type of weapon that caused them (arty, tank main gun, mg, small arms). Whats the morale level of the survivors?

In a campaign situation, obviously these numbers would have to be somewhat fudged to stop those super accurate recons of enemy manpower.

Obviously none of this stuff is necessary, but its another example of the sort of chrome that can add depth and enjoyment to a game.

Chris R

Guest Big Time Software

We haven't nailed down what will be in the after action reports. But Dave/Chris' concerns about the recon by body count in Campaign games are very well founded. Thanks for making sure we thought of this.

Steve