Engineers as port repair?

Any way to use engineers as port repair units as they were historically used at times? I'm familiar with the historic fact that some level 10 ports like Antwerp took months to return to normal in WW2, but others, particularly if they were equivalent to level 5 to begin with, should be subject to somewhat speedier repair, one would think.

If this is not in Gold now, can it be modded in?

Is there a Gold wiki, BTW? Modding hints? I'd like to mod garrison units for instance, because they are way too expensive now IMO.

Hi gunnergoz

In some cases, such as liberated ports (Antwerp is an example), I think there is more of a problem with ports being repaired too quickly. I cover using engineers to clear ports in one of the last posts I made in my series on using the editor to make naval aspects more realistic. The particular post is about using modified minor country DDs as minefields. Players can leave these in ports they are about to lose. I provide players with a modified engineer unit that can clear these obstructions.

The whole series of posts might be of interest to you as they explain relevant aspects of the editor for naval modding.

Regards

Mike