Mac Version seems to have no maps or battles installed

I compared the Packages of CBFI and CMBN and found the problem. Maps and scenarions are saved in the Package Folder "Game Files". Due to my localisation (german) the install process created the Package Folder "Spieldateien" and left this one empty, while putting all Maps in the "Game Files" folder. After copying the Data from "Game Files" to "Spieldateien" the game seems to work properly.

Thanks for the tip! Had the same problem here (also German) and your solution works.

Another more permanent solution is to create softlinks from the German folder names to the English ones. Then you only have one set of files and it doesn't matter which of them will be used by BFC in the future.

You rename your Spieldateien folder to Spieldateien.bak (to have the names for renaming later). Then you make an alias of the Game Files folder. Then you make an alias of every folder in that folder. Then you rename the folders to their German counterpart and then you are done.

Easy. :)

Haven't played with the editor, yet. I'm just through the manual. All these Wunderwaffen my poor normandy troops could only dream of! ;)

That's how it looks for me:

./Game Files:

total 48

lrwxr-xr-x 1 markus admin 104 Dec 25 23:30 Ausgehende Emails -> /Applications/CM Shock Force/Combat Mission Shock Force.app/Contents/Resources/Game Files/Outgoing Email

drwxrwxr-x@ 2 markus admin 68 Jan 6 2012 Baked

drwxrwxr-x@ 9 markus admin 306 Dec 25 13:25 Campaigns

lrwxr-xr-x 1 markus admin 104 Dec 25 23:30 Eingehende Emails -> /Applications/CM Shock Force/Combat Mission Shock Force.app/Contents/Resources/Game Files/Incoming Email

lrwxr-xr-x 1 markus admin 95 Dec 25 23:29 Gebacken -> /Applications/CM Shock Force/Combat Mission Shock Force.app/Contents/Resources/Game Files/Baked

drwxr-xr-x 2 markus admin 68 Dec 25 23:31 Gespeicherte Spiele

drwxrwxr-x@ 2 markus admin 68 Jan 6 2012 Incoming Email

lrwxr-xr-x 1 markus admin 99 Dec 25 23:30 Kampagnen -> /Applications/CM Shock Force/Combat Mission Shock Force.app/Contents/Resources/Game Files/Campaigns

drwxrwxr-x@ 2 markus admin 68 Jan 6 2012 Outgoing Email

drwxrwxr-x@ 166 markus admin 5644 Dec 17 17:48 Quick Battle Maps

drwxrwxr-x@ 92 markus admin 3128 Dec 17 16:51 Scenarios

lrwxr-xr-x 1 markus admin 107 Dec 25 23:30 Schnellgefechtskarten -> /Applications/CM Shock Force/Combat Mission Shock Force.app/Contents/Resources/Game Files/Quick Battle Maps

lrwxr-xr-x 1 markus admin 99 Dec 25 23:35 Szenarien -> /Applications/CM Shock Force/Combat Mission Shock Force.app/Contents/Resources/Game Files/Scenarios

and:

lrwxr-xr-x 1 markus admin 11 Dec 25 23:22 Spieldateien -> Game Files/

Btw do you know what the 'Baked' directory is supposed to do?