Another Plea!

Steve, is their really no way that the inclusion of an alternative OOB in scenarios can be considered?

I know you consider scenarios to be one or two shot affairs and that you were surprised by how much the Demo scens are being replayed, which is a testament to their existing reaplayabilty.

But don't you think it would be so much more fun if there was an option to allow a random, alternate, designer-set OOB to be chosen as an option.

Take the Last defence for an example. The default game would be as it has been set out, fully planned and play-tested etc. But by pressing a 'Random OOB' button(?), the computer would choose from, say, 30% chance of 1 Tiger, 2 Stugs; 35% chance of 2 tigers or 35% chance of 2 Stugs and more artillery.

This could maybe extend to random reinforcements like Shermans instead of hellcats, and even randomised entry-time percentages.

The mix of possibilities would mean that any scenario would be almost infinitely replayable, with the suprise element always present.

There may well be scores, or even hundreds of downloadable scens on the net but the fact is that for every one that has been put together in a mature, knowledgeable way, well researched and properly play-tested, there will be ten that will be crap.

I would much prefer to replay 'professional' scens than waste time with possible rubbish.

Any Chance?

Cheers

Jim

Guest Big Time Software

Way too much coding for this to be an option. Plus, as you figured we would say... you aren't supposed to play the same sceanrio over and over again wink.gif

We have a really cool Design Your Own (DYO) option that allows totally random scenarios, or totally random units on a map of your chosing. I have *no* idea why you would want to play the same thing when there are about 2 billion scenarios waiting for you wink.gif

Steve

Does the random option in the DYO extend to campaigns as well, or do campaigns have to be fully worked up by the player?

Just that personally I've always preferred playing a force through a series of battles as opposed to unconnected scenarios. I almost always play campaigns in preference to scenarios (except for demo scenarios while awaiting the final game to come out wink.gif).

Stuart

Guest Big Time Software

Geeze, another Kiwi! Pretty soon you are going to displace the Canadians as the largest non-US group on this BBS smile.gif

Stuart, at this point the DYO function will *not* do up campagins. Ultimately we would like to do this, but the mountain of variables that would be needed also requires a mountain of logic code to get it done right. The DYO for battles was pretty tough to do, so best to not bite off more than we can chew right away.

Steve

P.S. We aren't responsible for any wife's actions...

"Geeze, another Kiwi! Pretty soon you are going to displace the Canadians as the largest non-US group on this BBS"

Does "largest" refer to to the amount of 'noise' or actual numbers? wink.gif

Speaking of regular antipodean poster's, I can't imagine why KwazyDog has gone all quiet- lucky bastard!

Guest PeterNZ

...and another Kiwi!

all kiwis, stick a NZ after yer name and then the world will know we are here, hehe

almost time for a CM clan or something wink.gif

PeterNZ <--- N Z smile.gif

Guest Big Time Software

KwazyDog is busy, don't bother him wink.gif

I once asked Charles how many potentially unique scenarios we could have using the DYO. The answer back was basically infinte because of the different combos of units along with all the other scenario settings. But I thought 2 Billion sounded pretty cool wink.gif But to be realistic about it... I think there is probably only about 1 Billion that would be fun enough to play more than once. I know, what a bummer, eh? wink.gif

Steve