CM release vote on TGN ?

I would never post something such as this, nor try to rouse pressure against BTS for an early release, although I will cast a vote against early release.

BTS has, as clearly as possible, stated that they will "serve no wine before its time". Instead of creating unnecessary conflict between the consumers and the most responsive software development company I have ever seen, be supportive and be patient.

I pre-ordered long, long ago as a sign of support, and have posted what decent technical information I have available from resources. I personally will wait until BTS deems the software is ready, with the feature set I paid for. Yes, I would love to have CM in my hands next week, but the decision is not mine.

Please don't push BTS into the realm of other companies that rush something out before it is ready. "Ready" means it does what BTS wants it to do, not what business weasels, marketing weenies, or rabid fans want to see.

Charles & Steve, rock on!

Herr Oberst.

I am truly sorry if you find my post's pushy. I definetely agree that this product should only be shipped when finished, and if you read my post again you will find no indication af my own personal preference in this vote, as I tried to keep it objective. I just wanted everybody to give their 2 cent's worth in this vote that I believe was requested by battlefront.com/BTS (I'm not sure about the difference).

Cheers, and may CM be ready when it is ready and not a second before.

Frans ;)

------------------

If you can't join'em beat'em.

Personally I'll be voting Yes on this BUT I would ask that people not engage in massive lobbying etc.

I personally will vote yes because I think we'll get TCP/IP about a month earlier by getting the patch ( downloading the patch removes the 4 week+ duplication and shipping delay) and cause I know BTS is going to deliver TCP/IP.

However, while I want to see discussion, debate and putting forth of views etc I think lobbying would just cheapen the whole thing for everyone.

SSPanzerleader... Check out the CC RTS forum for my response to you wink.gif (U big girl's blouse you wink.gif ).. If we're gonna play then I'd better start taunting you now wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Hi guy's, Im getting a bit paranoid here. I dont know if these post's are directed at me. If I have messed up and made myself a nuisance I'm truly sorry.

I went to TGN and read the article and voted (I still believe that the vote was actually requested by battlefront.com/BTS). Then I came back here to be friendly and sort of a newspaperboy and yell "extra extra - read all about it". That's all I wanted.

To clear things up I will say that I only post here because I love CM. And for the record I dont play must PBEM or TCP/IP hence my preference is for the solution where CM ships before TCP/IP.

Sorry if I messed up.

Frans.

------------------

If you can't join'em beat'em.

I trust BTS 100%

If they release now and patch TCP/IP later thats not a problem for me (rather a advantage because i can play the game as a single player until TCP/IP is patched)

If BTS want to borrow my bankaccount,car,house.......girlfriend. No Problemo I trust them ! smile.gif

HawkerT,

Nope not aimed directly at you.. This is just old hands mediating on something that just might have been heading a bad way wink.gif

For the record, yes BTS asked for the vote to be held and the text there is theirs.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers