Past player of Combat Mission needs some input please.

My two cents:

Unfortunate about your lack of interest in CMAK, North Africa is my favorite theatre along with the Ostfront (especially 41- late 43). I love the North African battles (41-43). Hear that BFC!! hint hint :) Luckily I still love CMx1 (CMBB and CMAK) they are still spinning on my HD's for my other theatre fixes. hundreds of user made scenarios / operations that I have not even checked out yet, let alone RobO's great ROQC (a quick campaign generator layer for CMx1 CMAK and CMBB) available at CMMODS... so I will be ok until hopefully my fav theatres are covered by CMx2.

Thank goodness CMFI came out, I can only handle a few battles at a time in the bocage country, claustrophobia. I like my German optics to be used as they were meant to be used. :)

1) Don't know I only use WEGO, real time does not interest me at all.

2) As was mentioned, campaigns are linked scenarios with the direction of the campaign branching pending on outcomes in your battle.

3) What ME mentioned in his post.

4) Fun and challenging yes the AI is as I have not mingled with the H2H part of it.

5) You may win the battles, no to altering the way WWII is decided however.

From what I have read on these forums, it sounds like making scenarios, let alone campaigns and the maps take a whole lot of effort and patients for the designer. So it may take awhile until the

scenario / campaign downloads are as abundant as they are for CMx1.

Enjoy.

Africa would be a nice expac for CMFI