Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Quick Battle - problems?

When I use quick battle it seems to be giving me odd enemy troops or few enemy troops to match what I have... - I have always used automatic to decide troop selection so far...

Example 1) Can't remember the specific settings, but I selected mix of different forces for both sides and the other ended up with nearly ALL tanks and 1 mortar and 1 machine gun with the respective teams.

Example 2) I used an attack scenario. I was the attacker... I had a good thorough force to play with but yet when I one quickly and easily and reviewed the battle I found the enemy were severely outnumbered with no infantry platoons (only mortar, 2 machine guns and tanks)

Have not used quick battle a lot so far, but still this has happened :confused: Is this a well known bug or anything? or have I just done something to mess up the settings?

Cheers :D

Are you playing tiny or small games? The autopicker isn't particularly intelligent in any circumstance, but seems to get progressively dumber as the number of points it's given to work with decreases. My advice is to try at least medium size and maybe give the AI side a points bonus. Or you could pick the AI's units for it either directly or by pressing the suggest button until something sane appears. I would suggest the latter since the autopicker tends towards very armor-centric forces.