"Wondering if Merkur is part of the menu...;)"

Booked for five years?...is Operation Merkur part of the menu? Yes...I've mentioned this waaaayy too often for Close Combat and I know that it's wishful thinking... wink.gifbut......for the CM devs( whom I gather to be not "wannabe" wargamergrognardnolifers but are the real thing.... wink.gif this should be interesting. Ok, so there are no AFVs(actually, the Allies had six tanks...total) that go "snack,crackle and boom or fantastical Dungeons and Dragons heroes...but Merkur did have very interesting and dramatic situations(namely Maleme airfield on Day 1) not to mention Max Schmelling jumping off a Junkers and having a bout of dysentery..... wink.gif

I can understand your average Joe Citizen's infatuation with armor(look at the sales of games like C&C, RA and TA with your usual compliment of fireball spewing panzers) but for once...i would love to see a game based on not just infantry tactics but having also a strategical element that's completely in our hands(I've had enough of so called "strategy" games like "Age of Empires:The Rise of Idi Amin Dada")......... wink.gif

regards,

Lt Stahler

CCOC member

Guest Lokesa

Woah, hold on there buddy, just who do you think you are coming in here demanding anything let alone some silly little backwater op no one really cares about anyways. Get a grip man, I know it's cold and lonely in the far north but a little T&A infatuation isn't necesarally a bad thing eh wink.gif

I can't speak for BTS, but I don't think Merker is in the lineup nor do I think all the pieces are there for a good camp on it either unfortunately. I could be wrong though.

I hope everything is well with you and Ghost, ciao