Diplo Dutch East Indies

I'm thinking of trying a Russian First (after Poland) just for ****s and giggles to try vs the AI. The angle is that the balkan will activate early due to Russian war + better positionning vs Russia by keeping western poland and Baltic states. Finland would be activated pretty quickly too. Similarly Japan would jump on the Soviet Far East not expanding further than Thailand and Indochina. Part of the plan would be to diplo ally the Dutch Indies with Japanese money before the embargo remove the convoy then spending money to have the USA out of the war for the duration of the game.

However I wonder if DEI joins japan, will it activate the USA?

haha so I gave it a try. playing intermediate no medal

DEI joined as according to plan, USA climbed up to 60% something from the join germany|japan attack on USSR but Benelux and Italy were DOW by allies(Italy by Sudan??) and diplo-chit reduced it back to 14%

August 1941

got moskov a few turns ago, paris just fell (combined german, italian attack), Ethiopia special force and HQ are pilling experience. Benelux survived allied assault and is still german. Both Benelux and Italy dow angered Franco so I spent some chit to push him to the axis. They distracted some units at the south of the border, including the mighty french tank in Bordeau. On the Western front, Germany had a HQ, a 1 figther, 4 corps, 1 tank and 2 armies (that includes the benelux one) France conquest was done on the cheap considering they had lots of time to build up (and including updated figthers and infantry). Inexplicably, the french had parked a figther in Paris, my approaching tank frigthed it away but the replacing army had no fortification for an easy conquest.

one flaw in my planning was that Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria didn't join early because France was still in the war. They just fliped this turn after France surrendered so they joined almost a year late. Even Finland was delayed and only joined once France was just about to fall. (I think I had Paris but France had not surrendered yet) Not good.

In Russia I got Moskov but no Odessa, Rostov or Leningrad. Ulan-Ude fell to the japanese this turn, trapping 3 units in the process. Japan got everything east of that. I didn't invest much in China, pulled back and trained my armies on exposed chinese units. Now the elite renforcement have arrived, I'm going to push back. Got Thailand and Indochina.

It looks possible, the Axis could win it!

Only problem, Japan got oil but I still get oil embargo moral hit. Gah! What gives??

Heh. Well it's a very different game for sure, we'll see how it goes. :0)

November 1942

Soviet surrendered one or two turns ago. Usually, I get a pop-up saying germany autorize Japan occupation of the far east not this time. I get this even if Japan was never at war with the USSR. Now, all the japanese conquered cities have revereted to germany and my army stuck. How much time before the authorization fires(if ever)? In this game, Japan actually declared war first, could it screw-up things?

I wish that, after USSR surrendering, it would be divided in two. Germany would get everything west of the Novosibirsk and Alma Ata and Japan would get those cities and eveything east of it.