Lack of online/offline reviews

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

Ok now i'm a die hard fan of CM, I recommend it to everyone i know, telling them to just download the beta demo and you'll be amazed.

Soooo.. It really has come to a shock to me, that more of the online sites do not have reviews and previews of CM. Also what about magazines? This game is going to revolutionize how the strategic warfare game is done in my opinion, that is if more people find out about it.

So steve what gives? even at gamespot, which has your demo, doesn't have a preview or review!? Not saying this as a critisism but instead wondering, are these big game review places controlled by big brother distribution companies, or have they just not been enlightened to the existence of CM?

Just wanting your game to be the best and most popular of its kind, if this is accomplished i'll be at hand to de-throne the reign of idiocy that is close combat.

Guest R Cunningham

I am perplexed by the efforts of some to present an either /or choice between CC and CM. Is it somehow not possible that someone would enjoy both games?

What throne is CC on? It is not king of the RTS genre. It is by itself in its own category as is CM.

FWIW, chances are CC4 will say many more copies than CM. In terms of the industry, this will make CC4 more successful than CM. On the other hand BTS could take in more revenue than Atomic does despite the fewer copies. This is something that would get more attetnion than CM "deposing" CC.

Stabsfeldwebel,

Actually I know a magazine in France called "cyberstratege" which regularly talk about CM. Seems its whole editorial staff is as much impatient as we are on this forum wink.gif

But, as you say, there's not a single online review of the game. Then I think we'll certainly have to advertise it by ourselves ! I personnaly incite all my wargaming's friend to download the demo wink.gif

Regards, Magnus

------------------

well heres my two pence;

THe promotoion of reviews is probably unwise until at least a gold version demo is cut, due tothe fact there are major improvements over the beta. Althought the beta absoulutely rocks, seeking the best review possible would probably be a reason for not seeing reviews all over as of yet. Although I mmy be wrong entirely :-P

As far as CC being on any throne lol - I know a throne it should be in smile.gif

There is no comparison CM is in class all by iteslf which exists in a place much higher that any of the CC series could attain.

SS_PanzerLeader....out

[This message has been edited by SS_PanzerLeader (edited 12-17-99).]

Comments:

1. Until the game goes gold there will be no reviews and neither should there be. Anything until then will be a preview.

2. Most of the people who, in any way, know what they're talking about strategy game-wise know about CM and think highly of it.

3. I know that most of the sites I would deem to give good strategy coverage know about it and think of it well. Sites which don't know about it probably aren't good strategy sites anyways wink.gif

4. IF you know of computer magazines in your countries which are good and would understand a game like CM then why not write to them pointing them to the site and the demo? Probably they know about it already but maybe some don't.

5. I think the coverage will follow in good time.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers