CMPC Normandy 44 H2H Operation Allied DAR

INTRODUCTION

The following is a new DAR for the PBEM operation I am playing with a CM opponent of mine called Noob, we had to re start the original operation because of some major rule changes.

We are playing a scenario called #17-Buron-1 from the game Normandy '44, one of the titles from John Tiller's Panzer Campaign's series, Kuderian will be playing the Allies.

Because all the combat values of the Panzer Campaigns units have been reduced to zero, all combat will be resolved using Combat Mission Battle for Normandy.

OPERATIONAL FORCES AND OBJECTIVES

On the 7th of July 1944 at 8:00am, elements of the 3rd Canadian Indantry Division, with armour support from the Sherbrooke Fusiliers, and artillery support from the 12th and 14th Canadian Field Regiment, move towards the city of Caen, their objective is to capture the villages of Camilly, Buron, Authie, Carpiquet and Ardenne Abbey.

Facing them are elements of the 12th SS Panzer Division, 25th SS Panzer Grenadier Regiment, and 736th Grenadier Infantry Division.

The Canadian forces are all volunteers with no combat experience, and therefore are classed as Green with High motivation.

The 12th SS PzDiv and 25th SS Pz Gd Reg are made up almost entirely of Hitler Youth with no combat experience, therefore are classed as Green with Fanatical motivation.

The 736th GrD Inf Reg are comprised of old men, boys and foreign troops, they have no combat experience, and therefore are classed as Green with Low motivation.

Allied Turn 1 Initial setup

zqbV2.jpg

Towns & Villages

uAQSn.jpg

Elevation

pUAlP.jpg

Map Key

9WJMe.jpg

Turn 1 Axis Move

Ex7EV.jpg

My opponent has heavily reinforced Buron so on my next turn I will assault it.

His two units in Camilly are isolated which means they will receive no ammo resupplies until they break their isolation. I have got a rear flank attack on Camilly as well as front attacks so this should bode well for victory.

Allied Turn 2 Movement

jps7N.jpg

I declare to my opponent assaults on Camilly & Buron from several sides making sure all my assaulting units are in non-travel mode and have enough movement points to assault in PzC.

My Recce platoon on a solo mission avoids combat and continues scouting.

There will now be two CM battles at Camilly & Buron. My opponent no longer has the option to retreat in PzC on his next movement turn but can exit the CM battle map after 10 minutes. This is to simulate the difficulties of a fighting withdrawal.

So now my opponent sends me the relevant maps in CM. I edit down my CM master OOB to the relevant units and deploy them in their correct setup zones using the operational map as my guide.

I also have the option to use divisional artillery support for these battles but cannot reuse the same battery in my opponents movement phase therefore for the Camilly battle I opt to use one battery of Priests and for the Buron battle two batteries of Priests (My divisional artillery along the North edge of the map must be within 11 hexes of the battle they are supporting.)

N.B. It up to me to choose which of my eligible assault units to use if any( in this case I am using all of them) so my opponent is in the dark when it comes to the size of my assaulting forces. This simulates operational FOW.