Help with Allied Campagin

Hi,

first: great job Battlefront!

Second: I'm stuck in the second battle of the allied campaign... can someone give me some suggestions?

I'm not a super player, so I may have used really catastrophic tactics, but... I've tried everything I had!

1) First try: I wanted to play safe and historical. Sent my HQs and FO out looking for covers and good spotting positions. I've managed to spot several german foxholes, shelled them with artillery, then I've sent the infantry out... they got chopped up by other foxholes... shelled again, sent the infantry, chopped again. At that time my infantry company was already out of combat possibilities and still didn't get to the first slope... Ah, before you ask, I've tried to use my MGs to provide suppressive fire but they had few to none effect: most of their bullets are flying over the heads of the german guys lurking from the foxholes. The SPG I've got after few turns performed even worst: as soon as they moved in the open they received concentrated fire from a lot of german positions panicking or even bailing out...

2) Second try: I didn't care to spot too much, bombed the hell out of possible german position and sent two squads out assaulting. As soon as they were in the open they got chopped again, and didn't manage to make 100 meters...

So, basically, a safe approach didn't get me anywhere, and a "TO THE BAYONETS" approach eneded up even worse...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ricroma

I had hell with this scenario, and wound up calling a ceasefire on the back third because of shock and casualties. That said, though, I got up half the map with split squads providing covering fire for each other, direct lay with 60's, and LOTS of arty work. Best thing I can think, and is working for me in the third scenario (which is scarier than the second) is mass your firepower on a small front and blast the living piss out of the hill with artillery.