Barkmann's corner

I watched a great DAR video on youtube for this game and thought I would give it a go.

I played the Americans and was expecting to get ambushed somewhere by Barkmann.

I lost 3 halftracks whilst scouting and 1 m4 during the final assault. The m4 and 2 of the halftracks went down to pantershrecks. 1 halftrack was taken out magnificently by Barkmann.

I had a total victory, but did not come across Barkmann. I thought all the half tracks were taken out by panzershrecks. At the end of the game I had a hunt around for Barkmann and found him magnificently placed.

barkmann.png

I think the AI forgot something basic about Panther's - notably their long distance accuracy. Putting a Panther in a corner of a field with a field of view of 50 metres and not even a view on the objective is a tad strange.

Maybe the AI saw my fantastic approach and bottled it?

The Panther did the same in my run through of that scenario, and judging by your screenshot, we took the same approach. The tank probably doesn't know what to do but hide if the Yanks don't come directly down the road. (I play on Iron.)