CM/PzC Normandy '44 H2H Operation Allied DAR

I am playing as the Axis against noob. I am new to John Tiller games so do not expect Marshal Zhukov style strategic greatness!

The date is the 7th of July 1944, the time is 08:00 hours, the place, Normandy.

There are 8 operational turns, each turn represents 2 hours, each hex represents 1 square kilometre. As the attacker I move and assault first.

Elements of the Canadian 3rd Infantry Division and 2nd Canadian Armoured Brigade have moved from the landings at Juno beach to within 10 kilometres of Caen.

My objectives is to take Bretteville, Buron, Authie, Carpiquet and Ardenne Abbey (100pts each).

Facing them are elements of the 736th Infantry Division, and 12th SS Pz Division Hitlerjugend.

The 3rd Canadian Infantry Division are a volunteer force with no combat experience, so they start the game with a CMBN experience level of Green, and a motivation level of High.

The 736th Regiment are elderly Germans and conscripts from other German occupied countries, especially Russians, and have no combat experience, so their CMBN experience level is Green and their motivation level is Low.

The 12th SS Pz Division Hitlerjugend are all members of the Hitler Youth, with eastern front veterans for officers, they have no combat experience, and therefore have a CMBN experience level of Green, however, as they are all Hitler Youth, their motivation level is Fanatic.

Below are screenshots of the PCN44 scenario showing the operational area with place names, terrain objectives, the deployment of the Allied forces, and a unit identification key(note these are '2D' screenshots as my elderly monitor is 4:3 ratio).

Starting positions and placenames (use CTRL + to zoom in)

jl34E.jpg

Unit ID key

OQg1E.jpg

3rd Canadian Infantry Division

WK1hN.jpg

3rd Canadian Infantry Division Support

IHFrx.jpg

Ok, Turn 1.

Firstly I have redone the initial Allied deployment map for legibility.

m5wV7.jpg

Now I move South and declare an assault on Camilly and Buron and move unopposed into Authie! My Recce Stuart platoons lead the way.

i6YhZ.jpg

My opponent since he is not surrounded opts to withdraw his forces in his movement phase.

6gc2n.jpg

Enemy ID after my Turn 1 movement.

LkGBd.jpg

Turn 1.

Now it is my opponents turn to move.

y4uic.jpg

My over extended Recce Platoon are surrounded and my opponent declares an assault. I cannot withdraw as I am completely surrounded from all sides.

UXVZi.jpg

Enemy ID Key

BlVMf.jpg

Now there are two CM battles awaiting. Both of them will be a Platoon of Stuarts surrounded on all sides by enemy armour & infantry. I will have an 1km exit strip facing my lines on the CM battle maps. I will edit down the master CM OOB to just the relevant units and send the .btt file to my opponent.

'A Breakout', 'Fight to the Death' or just Death; these are my choices.....

You said, "I'm playing as the Axis.." - Don't you mean Allies?

Anyway, this looks really cool, and the types of battles that will result from this should be interesting and more meaningful than the regular PBEM scenarious and quick battles.

If you guys need another commander to help resolve battles - if the workload gets too high - let me know! I'd love to help out. This looks like a lot of fun, and I'm curious how this will play out.

You said, "I'm playing as the Axis.." - Don't you mean Allies?

Anyway, this looks really cool, and the types of battles that will result from this should be interesting and more meaningful than the regular PBEM scenarious and quick battles.

If you guys need another commander to help resolve battles - if the workload gets too high - let me know! I'd love to help out. This looks like a lot of fun, and I'm curious how this will play out.

Sorry Allies.

Thanks for your interest eltorrente. If you would like to fight the other battle as the Allies, PM with your email details and I will share the relevant dropbox folder with you :)

Turn 1 Summary

Axis forces retreat from Buron and Camilly without any combat.

Battle 1 Hex 11/10 Authie

Sherbrooke Fusiliers 1/27 Cdn A Stuart Recce Platoon after been surrounded, breaks out north to hex 11/9.

picture coming soon

DAR link Allied http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=105398

Battle 2 Hex 12/10

Sherbrooke Fusiliers 2/27 Cdn A Stuart Recce Platoon after been surrounded at hex 12/10 is destroyed.

picture coming soon

DAR link Allied http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=105415

Initial spotted Axis units

WNbIu.jpg

Now as the Allies I move first and send my move to Noob.

Allied Turn 1 Move

ZX1UU.jpg

I do not have enough movement points left to assault any Axis units this turn, so I tell my opponent that I will not be declaring any CM battles and he can now do his Turn 1 Axis move.