m240 B sound replace

Hi all,

I found/made a new sound for the m240b, but I can't seem to get it to play.

By the way while Rezexploding all the resources It makes you really appreciate all the work that was put into this game. Amazing! All the different sounds,animations, bmp....

But back to the question. I named it 'gun 7 m240b.wav' and let as WAV and put in the Data\Z\Z_Z\

folder, but doesn't seem to be getting picked up.

I do see and read that some of the mappings of the guns are to like 'gun 7 modern.wav'

I am all patched to 1.32 and had AKD 1.2 Sound mod, but still no dice. Anyone happen to know? Also I did see gun 7 m240b 0.wav and 1.wav... I guess it randomly selects a sound?

There is no official mapping list, right?

Lastly when you do make a MG sound, it seems the files I was looking at it's one shot. Is that best? The file i made is about 1 second, but obviously multiple shots. Is there a best practice on this?

Thanks for your help,

Paul

Yeah I got the sound working but doesn't sound very good. I think it needs to be a one shot sound, not multiple shots

My stupid ass didn't read the AKD Sound mod instructions very good, I just unzipped everything in into my Z\data folder. I reread again and saw there is a base file and then certain mods to the base file.

it now sounds really great but will still try to get on working with some custom sounds.