My Tiger wasn't Whitmann's Tiger

After a serie of games against the AI, hot seating against myself (no-loser situation) and PBEM, I have some questions to ask.

Some of it I think were discussed before, but I don't remember if some conclusion was reached.

1- Turret rotation and hull facing: I understand that was SOP in heavy german tanks to rotate the hull to increase the turret's rotation speed.

In one game LD I just played, my opponent ran their Hellcats all over the roads, dancing around my Tiger. My Tiger take two conflicting actions: face the front armor to the M18 and try to rotate the turret to target it. For it position,this manouvre ends with the hull front to the Hellcat, but, as the cannon was pointed to the other side, the cannon stays pointing the same place in wich was at the begining. So, it never point the gun against that M18.

The movies from the two turns after the reinforcements are very interesting if you are a coreographer.

The Tiger was buttoned because had lost their TC. The question is: Are this SOP (using the hull rotation to increase speed in targeting) being incorporated? The skill of the tripulation will be considered? Could a good veteran TC make their tank targeting first priority, instead of facing the better armor (front)? How mange this probably conflicting SOP (maybe a matter of skill level in TC)?

2- Same turn, same characters. The Hellcat take their position behind the Tiger (in fact, in front, as the Tiger rotates). Their main gun targeting the Tiger's rear turret. One of the Stugs target the M18 and fires one round. Before to fire the Tiger, the Hellcat try to target the Stug, begining a new turret rotation, and lefting the Tiger unscratched. End of the turn. The Hellcat was at roughly 7 mts. from the Tiger.

Here the question is how accurate, in realism, is the targeting? I think the AI works in base to threat level in the battlefield, but it had a very high chance to take the Tiger and then point to the Stug. This behaviour is roughly similar to the infantry firing long shots instead of targeting closest ones. I think that in combat situation (I'm only could think about it. I'm lucky and never was in battle) one may tend to take the closest threat, instead of the target with more kill ratio in sight. More if the target was assigned to him.

In the next turn, the Stug takes the M18, who can't rotate in time, and the Tiger, who was pointing the main gun at back, targets another M18 in ran against it. New facing dance... Was funny...

Well, I never write so long in english, so better stop now and let you judge my style...

Ariel