Just a plain ol' crash on startup.

Well now I can't get CMSF to run at all. It worked fine when I was only running v1.20, but as soon as I upgrade to v1.21, I get the "exe has stopped working" message during startup, no splash screen or anything. I have tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling. I can only assume this has something to do with the licensing.

I had a problem with elicense and zonealarm. Did you try turning off your firewall and antivirus?

I don't use a firewall, and my antivirus real-time scan is always disabled for performance reasons. I thought it might be my Peerblock app, but I turned that off and still no luck.

I noticed the uninstall procedure for CMSF does not remove elicense, is there a way I can try removing that and reinstalling it? I also noticed that when I uninstalled CMSF, e-license gave me the opportunity to "unlicense", but when I tried, it said my license was not found on the Battlefront server. I didn't think that would be the issue at hand, because the game won't even start on an unpatched 1.00 Paradox version, which doesn't use e-license.