Trivia

Guest Madmatt

NCrawler,

Your 'Ike' answer was also incorrect, Wrong War pal!!! heheh Might as well use this thread (With your permission of course wink.gif) to re-post my question...

What famous general always signed his comuniques (messages, dispatches etc... You know what I mean! smile.gif) like this:

Your Obedient Servant,

xxxxxx

x=the guys name!

p.s. Ncrawler, yours has me stumped at present!

Guest Madmatt

NCrawler,

Hmm how about Mac Arthur Park on 9th and McAlmont Street? smile.gif

Got mine yet?

Madmatt out....And chuck full of useless information!

I'm re-reading Citizen Soldiers by Ambrose and Montgomery used words similar, but not exactly the same as Your Obedient Servant. I have seen this quote somewhere though, perhaps the Civil War? If it's from WWI, NO idea whatsoever.

Douglas MacArthur is correct...

------------------

Jon Johnson

Steel Lightning Productions

Guest Madmatt

NCrawler,

You are getting warm my friend....Funny I am re-reading 'Band of Brothers' from Ambrose myself. Something about CM makes me suddenly want to indulge into my WW2 book library all over again!

Madmatt out, and uncontested trivia King!

Guest Madmatt

Lets see, one has got to be Pea Ridge, let me think a bit on #2.

Madmatt out, gears are cranking....

p.s. Praire Grove perhaps? hmm, doesn't sound right though....Don't hold me to either answer just yet....My brain just ain't firing right yet...Hmm maybe Westport (can't remember that one being all that large though) Damn, you would ask a question on the West!

Guest Madmatt

Hmm, is Corinth West of the river? I think it is, ok how about Pea Ridge and Corinth as my answers...

Madmatt out....And still trying to kick the ole' brain into 'think mode'!

Your first guess was correct Madmatt, Pea Ridge and Prairie Grove, both in Arkansas.

Madmatt>Damn, you would ask a question on the West!

Well, seeing as how I am from and live in Arkansas... smile.gif

------------------

Jon Johnson

Steel Lightning Productions

Guest Madmatt

Yupper, Bobby Lee it was!

Hey NCrawler, I am just poor ole' Yank from Ohio and you are throwing them 'West' Questions at me like that! I was unprepared and everything!

Heh, how many people have even HEARD of Praiere Grove! Well ok, if you are a ACW history nut then I guess you would!

No more Trivia for me, I gotta retire undefeated! Just like CM (soo far!)

Madmatt out, and on top!

Guest Scott Clinton

Anyone recal how George Washington signed his letters? I seem to recal it was something like that also (to reflect the fact that he was subservient to the congress).

And for the record my answere of R. E. Lee was not a GUESS... wink.gif

------------------

The Grumbling Grognard

Guest Madmatt

Scott,

Hmm, I think it was something along the lines of "Your humble servant," But I may just be remembering that from the 1776 musical! wink.gif

Madmatt out, of key? smile.gif