Super Sherman!

Immobilizing Shermans just makes them mad. Well, mad and immobile. I immobilized an opponent's Sherman early in my last PBEM. Mortars, tank fire, etc. etc., it goes without saying, were futile. IIRC by the end of the battle bugger had turned out to be his most lethal asset. Finally had to maneuver some AT guys into the hedgerows adjacent to it where one of the many panzerfausts launched finally took it out. I immediately went up an experience level.

Rofl. I think that getting that Sherman immobilised there was probably the best possible thing that could have happened to it - it stopped me moving the damn thing about. Whenever I tried to move the other ones, they died :(

Very funny guys - truly LOL. People near by are wondering about my sanity now.

How effective would a 50mm AT be against a sherman at this range? (How far up the beach had you made it?)

I think he is about half way up the beach. I'll check to night and report back if I am wildly off.

the 50mm was there historically (minor spoiler http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=104438&page=5), but in my playtesting of Blue and Gray, it seemed pretty ineffective at that range (300-400m) against the Shermans of the 743rd.

Also there should only be one 50mm in this sector, you may have mistaken one of the two guns!

Oh interesting. The FOW is so good in this game:-) Yes I could have messed up when checking the caliber of the guns. Or perhaps that first AT gun is was not dead at all. Great scenario BTW.

Ho ho ho, wouldn't you know it - after my earlier comment in this thread - have just watched the latest turnfile in my ongoing battle and I have a Panther v Sherman duel.

Panther gets off the first shot, scoring Upper Left Hull Penetration. Sherman replies - Does not penetrate.

2nd shot : Upper Front Hull Penetration versus Miss.

3rd shot : Front Turret Penetration v Upper Front Hull non-Penetration.

4th shot : Upper Front Hull Penetration v Upper Front Hull non-penetration.

5th shot - Sherman fires first, destroys Panther with Lower Front Hull Penetration.

Now I don't quibble with a Sherman 76mm killing a Panther ( especially as range is fairly close ), but surviving 4 Penetrations to do it ( even firing faster over time ) ???

Just how much non-essential stuff is in there ? Lol.

Maybe some bug has crept in ;)

Ho ho ho, wouldn't you know it - after my earlier comment in this thread - have just watched the latest turnfile in my ongoing battle and I have a Panther v Sherman duel.

Panther gets off the first shot, scoring Upper Left Hull Penetration. Sherman replies - Does not penetrate.

2nd shot : Upper Front Hull Penetration versus Miss.

3rd shot : Front Turret Penetration v Upper Front Hull non-Penetration.

4th shot : Upper Front Hull Penetration v Upper Front Hull non-penetration.

5th shot - Sherman fires first, destroys Panther with Lower Front Hull Penetration.

Now I don't quibble with a Sherman 76mm killing a Panther ( especially as range is fairly close ), but surviving 4 Penetrations to do it ( even firing faster over time ) ???

Just how much non-essential stuff is in there ? Lol.

If you still have the prior orders file, re-run the turn(s) a few times and see what the range and frequency of possible outcomes are. If it's a vs. Human game, this may require some cooperation from you opponent, but it can be an educational experience.

I've learned a lot about what's likely, what's not likely but possible, and what's a once-in-a-blue-moon event in CMBN by doing this.