Panzers Marsch - Le Dezert map. Strange pathing.

I'm a latecomer to Panzers Marsch, and I've reached the Le Dezert map. I'm having immense difficulty moving my vehicles up to the right of the D8 because of one field entrance.

The entrance in question is the one leading into the wheatfield on the right of the map at about midway along. It looks like a normal field entrance, plenty wide enough for vehicles, and there aren't any "impassable" tiles hidden under what looks to me like a packed earth tile, same as the one that lets you out of the setup field. And yet vehicles refuse to just drive straight through the middle or right of the gap. They wiggle and waddle and weave and bob down some notional imaginary strip about as wide as the grass verge between the high bocage and the brown dirt. Sometimes they clip through the high bocage. Even if the movement path is directly down the middle of the green strip, they weave and turn and I can only get an average of about one vehicle through the gap per minute, even with the greatest of care and Slow.

I suspect this might be due to there being some really soft ground (just not quite impassable) either hidden or visually indistinguishable from the dirt tile that the pathing algorithm tries to avoid (in order to take the faster route), but the algorithm doesn't take into account the number of turns the vehicles have to make to stay on the "windy and narrow path".

Can anyone say whether this is a glitch for my instance of the map? A deliberate map-design ploy to strip vehicular support off of any flanking maneuver? Something that banjaxes anyone trying to do a right side flank attack? It's bollixing me particularly because I thought at first the problem was a traffic jam, so I've lost about 10 minutes in a 40 minute scenario trying to untease something that was map-based to start with.