"In the shadow of the hill" tournament is accepting sign ups!!!

Gentlemen,

The Blitz is proud to announce another CMBN tournament. This tournament will take place using the four scenarios that make up the "In the shadow of the hill" series of battles which is found in the Commonwealth module.

Each player will play two games as the Axis and two games as the Allies. The winner of the tournament will be the player who score the most wins. If there is a tie, the winner will be determined by who scored the highest number of points.

There is no limit to the number of players who can sign up, so everyone is welcome. The only condition is for you to own the Commonwealth module.

The sign up period will last for 7 days after which I'll randomly assign sides for the first battle.

To enter the tournament please post in this thread:

http://www.theblitz.org/message_boards/showthread.php?tid=61882

Regards,

Raz.

How many games are you playing at one time.

Just 1 or maybe 2 of the 4, surely not all 4 at once.

Plus Would I need to become a member on the Blitz to particibate.

There will be a 3 months interval between each game. If you have a normal turn rate,then i guess,you won't have more than 1 game going at each given moment.

Indeed,you'll have to register an account at theblitz in order to participate. Since it won't take more than 2 minutes top,i guess this won't be an issue? :)

The 'unwritten' rule at theblitz.org about fire on the setup zones is it is forbidden. I guess i should explicitly state when the tourney begins that you're not allowed to fire on your opponents setup area just to avoid any particular issues. So,you won't have to worry about it ;)

The 'unwritten' rule at theblitz.org about fire on the setup zones is it is forbidden. I guess i should explicitly state when the tourney begins that you're not allowed to fire on your opponents setup area just to avoid any particular issues. So,you won't have to worry about it ;)

I thought the rule was no deployment turn artillery targeting at all for a meeting engagement, and only deployment turn artillery targeting for the attacker in an attack / defence game.

You are correct. Seems like i was in a rush and i failed to make all the amendments.

The attacker can use pre-plannned arty strikes in attack/defence games. The defender cannot. Neither side can use pre-planned strikes in MEs.

All in one, pre-plannned strikes are allowed in the tournament if you're playing with the attacker,forbidden if you're the defender.

I thought the rule was no deployment turn artillery targeting at all for a meeting engagement, and only deployment turn artillery targeting for the attacker in an attack / defence game.

It appears this scen is using pre-made scenarios, rather than QBs, so I wouldn't expect there'd be any restrictions on artillery.

It appears this scen is using pre-made scenarios, rather than QBs, so I wouldn't expect there'd be any restrictions on artillery.

The attackers deployment zones in pre made scenarios are usually considerably smaller than the defenders, so the aforementioned artillery restrictions still apply IMO.