AFV maneuvering in woods, and Arty arrival

Hi all,

Just a couple of quickie questions:

1) I'm a bit confused by tank's behaviour when maneuvering in and around woods. I notice that in areas where there are trees, the ground is discolored in a patch. Does this entire patch signify forest which is impassable to tanks? I've plotted routes for my tanks through apparent gaps between trees only to have bizarre circuitous routes displayed the following turn when I click on the unit to display its orders. If a route is impassable and the computer wants to select a different route to get to my endpoint, that route should be displayed immediately instead of later...

2) After an FO calls down fire, how much of a delay will occur before the fire actually falls? Is this variable?

Thanks for any help the old hands can supply, and thanks for a great demo Big Time!

Ian

Guest Scott Clinton

You have to be careful and use the plotting tool to check your path carefully. Just because there are no trees does not mean it is not woods. Use the cursor when you plot.

Also when zipping through the woods in your Sherman be sure to slow down. If you try to take turns at FAST it screws it up and the damn thing ends up reversing and then you will see your path changed the next turn.

------------------

The Grumbling Grognard

Slow down??? what could be better than doin doughnuts in a tiger??? maybe for one of those "mud bog" monster truck rallies I'll bring my souped us Stug and blow 'em all away smile.gif

Click on your FO and in the unit window at the bottom of the screen you will see something like: "Time: 2 min"

This is an *estimate* how long it will take for the barrage. And yes, this time varies. If the FO is suppressed, for example, it will take longer and will be less accurate. Also, it depends on the size of the firing gun. If it's big it's usually far behind the lines and takes longer time to arrive.