Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Cover Armour Arc

As I mentioned, they may never have, and it was always observer error. When I whinged here about the "brain dead TacAI" giving away positions by firing at my buttoned tanks, Steve told me I wasn't seeing what I thought I was, and looking harder, I could see he was right. And the same TacAI is used by our pTruppen, so it follows that if we think we see it, we might be mistaken. Certainly BFC have said they shouldn't, so if you are certain a unit opens up on a buttoned up tank, save that turn and submit a bug thread to the Tech Support thread, cos sommat's squiffy.

Perhaps I remember it wrong Womble but are you misrepresenting the original problem on firing on tanks? The gripe was that troops would open fire on UNBUTTONED tanks with little result but for revealing ones position.

Perhaps I remember it wrong Womble but are you misrepresenting the original problem on firing on tanks? The gripe was that troops would open fire on UNBUTTONED tanks with little result but for revealing ones position.

To be honest, that's a problem too: small arms do seem to be very keen to button up tanks, and you're right, that was a large part of my motivation for the original gripe. I'm sure the issue of opening up on buttoned tanks was part of the initial misapprehension of what was going on and the reality was elucidated in the exchange. I certainly always have it in my mind that troops oughtn't open up on buttoned tanks, and to date, every exception that I thought I'd spotted turned out, upon further inspection, to be fire on an exposed commander.