SC The Great War/1939 Storm over Europe: Polish DD

Hey guys,

I think this problem occurred in PDE too. I am playing the Axis and I am unable to attack the Polish DD with my Italians. This makes the Polish DD a virtually invincible spotting (etc.) unit for the Allies -- at least one some fronts.

MJY

Hey guys,

I think this problem occurred in PDE too. I am playing the Axis and I am unable to attack the Polish DD with my Italians. This makes the Polish DD a virtually invincible spotting (etc.) unit for the Allies -- at least one some fronts.

MJY

Are you playing with the last patch? It's a problem that have been fixed in 1.04.

This usually happens if Italy joins the Axis but is not yet at war with the Allies. This is because Italy joins due to diplomacy/events and not due to a declaration of war. Declare war on Poland as Italy if Poland still exists. If it is already conquered then you are out of luck.

This can be a bit of a problem at times but, imo, is more reflective of the real world where a power can be allied with one country but not at war yet or at war with some but not others. For instance, Bulgaria never declared war on the USSR in WWII nor did Japan, at least not until they were invaded/attacked.

To Kommandant

Yes, we're using 1.04

To wlape3

Yes, I understand there were a number of political oddities during WWII. Even more dramatically, the British declared war on the Finns, but the United States never did. (Canada, if I recall correctly, did not DOW the Finns either.) The problem, in games terms, is that it is impossible to alter the situation (e.g., there is no mechanism for the Italians to DOW the Polish Government in Exile).