sound fx

Guest Big Time Software

Nearly all the small arms sounds are high quality, digital recordings of the weapon they portray. However, there are a few that we have fudged because we can't find samples that are good enough quality to use.

There are also the issues of copyrights. For example, I have a great video tape of MG42s and other German weapons being fired. The quality is decent, but the dang narrator keeps talking over the shooting!! But even if he didn't, we don't have the right to lift the sound off the video tape in the first place. HOWEVER, now we know EXACTLY what an MG42 sounds like, and it was easy to make a reproduction of it using a sound edit program and a .30cal machine gun sound sample that we do have rights to. The end result is a simulation of an MG42 sound that nobody, not even an MG42 gunner, could tell apart from the real thing. Funny thing is, we went through all of that trouble even though probably fewer than a dozen people who play CM will know what a real MG42 actually sounds like. Personally, I have seen hundreds of documentaries, and not ONE of them used a real MG42 sound sample. Call us sticklers for detail smile.gif

We are doing our best for all other sounds, but generally only American stuff is available. This makes it very hard to do!

Voices have not been determined. We're going for native speakers only, including a Polish voice set. We have a good idea who will do them, but will post something if these sources don't work out.

Steve

Guest Rhet Schmidt

:We are doing our best for all other sounds, but generally only American stuff is available.

BTS, the History Channel has a video tape collection called "Tales of the Gun" in one episode they cover the German weapons from WWII. It may help. I could help with a K98 but then again so could about 5 million others. smile.gif

------------------

Rhet