Game "forgets" CW whenever computer reboots

I'm having an vexing problem. Yesterday I downloaded CW (preorder) and but when I tried to run the program today, CMBN runs but it "forgets" it has CW loaded. The front screen notes I have version 1.10, but the icon for CW is missing. And none of the CW features appear (units etc.)

I reinstalled the CW setup files, and then CMBM/CM worked fine. I then restarted, and CW disappeared again.

I don't want to have to reinstall CW every time I run the game. (And I thought I only got 10 installations). What's going on? How do I fix it?

Please help.

Oh, I have Phil's attention. I'll use that.

To answer your question, I don't know. I have Norton. I attempted to turn it off the last time I rebooted in case that was an issue. But I'm not sure how to determine if Norton is the issue. Do you?

(Sorry, I'm not very computer savvy)

I'm not an expert on dealing with Norton, but we've definitely had issues with it quarantining our executables, and it could definitely be the cause here. I would post this in the tech support forum as you intended, where Schrullenhaft or Moon (who deal with AV troubles more than I do) can more easily spot your question and answer it.