Panzer Marsch - Scenario 4

SPOILER (OBVIOUSLY)

Le Desert (I think).

Is it me or is this extremely hard to do in 40 minutes? Not that daunting in itself but when you play it the first time you're still doing recce when you realise youv'e gopt 20 minutes left to secure the objectives. And yes, they are defended.

Tried it last night and could clearly have walked it if it wasn't for the fact that I was running out of time. Mad dash on last couple of turns resulting in what you usually get from any mad dash in CM.

I'll do it again (so that I can proceed) as now I know where the defenders are but that's not the same is it?

Did anyone win this the first time? Only way I can see to do that is to go in with all guns blazing and hope you get lucky.

If you make a mental note, early on, of the fact time is severly limited its not a major problem. If you dont, and start carrying out a proper recon and a well planned multi pronged assault like a good commander should, then notice you've only got 20 mins left, you're in trouble. The thing I find playing the krauts is, you can stick your panthers up front of every attacking column and just go hell for leather. Most incoming fire, including AT will simply bounce off them. It doesn't matter if you take casualties but if you run out of time the next mission is basically a horrible massacre.