AA -- should it effect non bombers? Also weird land defense

My opponent is finding that an AA unit I have built -- as well as I think my AA in resources like cities -- is effecting tactical bombers not just strategic bombers. Older SCs my memory is that AA units effected all air. But the current non gold manual does seem to say should only effect bombers.

Please clarify whether in non gold (or gold for that matter) GC AA units and AA values in resources, should be effecting non strategic bomber units ? If they should not be, my opponent says they seem to be. THis with version 1.07

Secondly, his experience is that my AA unit -- located in a city -- is very very hard to damage with his tanks or infantry. Yet it is listed as only having ground defense of 0. I see him taking lots of damaging trying to eliminate with multiple units as well. At this point is not much entrenched nor much experience. Could there be a bug here?

THanks for clarificaiton about AA units (and AA resource values) in GC.

Check out the applicable CTVs, air defense and attack(AD, AA), bomber defense & attack(BD, BA), and lastly strategic attack(SA), they are separate. My understanding is the anti-air levels from tech upgrades applied to cities, ports & resources defend against SA, strategic attack, what bombers do(high level). Anti-air as applied to units would increase their AA, AD parameters mostly applicable to TAC and Fighter attacks(low level).